Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The oldest and the youngest



While we were in CA, we got to go and visit Brent's great Uncle Pete. This is Grandma June's Brother. He is the last of the kids left on the Dunlap side of the family. What a wonderful man and sharp. He has a great memory.

Audrey just adored him. She sat next to him and jibber jabbered, smiled, and gave him kisses. When we were leaving we told her to blow him a kiss and say "bye-bye" well that she did. She
said "bye-bye" for the first time. Brent and I both were there to hear it and were so shocked. Brought smiles to everyones faces.

3 comments:

Luanne said...

I think it is so wonderful that Audrey's great great Uncle Pete got to see her. And to have her be such a charmer I am sure was so special for him. Isn't it great when they do what you say! Surprise mommy and daddy I have been practicing when you weren't looking! bye bye

Anonymous said...

Two wonderful people sharing a moment in time. Great-Grandma June is loving it.

Diana said...

Oh how awesome. Her first bye-bye! That is cool that you were both there to hear it. I can't wait to hear her for myself.

She's really going to appreciate those pictures when she's older.