Well as most of you followers of this blog already know.......Friday evening Brent was hit by a car on his motorcycle and broke his collar bone in a couple of different places. It was a hit and run accident and we are waiting for more information regarding this after the weekend.
He purchased his brand new motorcycle on Thursday night to help with commuting cost and was hit Friday evening. Hadn't even owned the bike 24 hours. Anyhow aside from his collar bone being shattered, he has two skinned up knees and his hands are skinned up a bit as well. It will be a long healing process, but we are all very glad he is still alive. Since he is an experienced rider and has taken safety courses he was able to apply his learnings and it saved his life. Please please put out good thoughts and prayers for us to find the lady who did this and get the situation taken care of.
We will go tomorrow to tow his bike home. I know it is going to be hard for all involved to see it, but it needs to be done. Brent and I both are very thankful for our friend Paul. He has been so helpful, understanding, patient, thoughtful and great to us. We can not thank him enough. It is what having true friends is all about. To our families thank you for all the great thoughts, prayers and phone calls, you support from afar is always needed and appreciated.
In the days to come we hope to hear from the attornies, law enforcement and some further information about this lady that was not paying "attention" as Audrey likes to say. I will keep everyone posted. Sorry there will be no pictures of the shiny new Silver bike, but perhaps one of the damage once we get it home. I myself got to see it brand new for all of like 10 min Thursday night.
Love to everyone and again thank you for all that you do. Give your loved ones a hug and kiss and let them know how thankful you really are for them.
Happy Mother's Day!
14 years ago



3 comments:
Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
I am sooo sorry to you both. This is really an awful situation. I pray that Brent heals quickly and safely and I grateful he with us today. I also pray that this women does come forward to pay for her actions. This too shall pass.
Post a Comment